Thursday, April 24, 2014

Chicken Tostada with Mango Salsa




This recipe is a knock-out.  It has everything I love in a salad/meal.  Lean protein, tons of veggies, and completely filling.  When I saw that the mango's at my local grocery were on sale, I knew I had to whip up some kind of salsa and of course, the idea of a tostada immediately followed.  What I love about this dish is how vibrant it is on the plate.  I mean, do you see those colors?! You just look at it and know that you are doing your body good! Here is what you will need:

Chicken Marinade
3 chicken breasts (lean)
2 TBS. cilantro
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TBS. grated ginger
2 TBS. canola oil
1 TBS. Sriracha

Mix ingredients together (I used a ziploc for easy clean up) and toss the chicken in the marinade.  Let rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

Mango Salsa
1 cup fresh mango, cubed
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 jalapeƱos (de-seeded and diced)
2 green onions
1/2 cup cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1 TBS. lime zest
1 TBS. orange zest
OPTIONAL: I mashed up 1 avocado to use as a base for the tostada and also sprinkled some Cacique cheese on top. 





No comments:

Post a Comment