Thursday, September 12, 2013

Autumn Musings

On the heels of my "Inspiration" post from a few days ago, I wanted to dedicate an entry to looks I am currently loving for Fall 2013.  One of my favorite ways to de-stress is to browse online blogs/ magazines to get a leg up on new trends and see how girls with killer style are implementing them.  I have always erred on the "safe" or minimalist end of the fashion spectrum but I have found that looking at beautiful images helps me break out of my comfort zone.  With that in mind... here are some of the pieces that I am dying to include in my Fall rotation.

Even though I've already said how much I would love a clothes rack to display a few choice pieces.  I thought this picture really encapsulates how it can be done successfully.
Even though I rarely wear blue, I love this leather jacket with gorgeous sleeve detailing.
If you know me, you know that I rarely wear wrist jewelry.  However, with a new professional career in my future I am finding myself wanting to incorporate this into my day-to-day wardrobe.

This look caught my eye because of the polished yet relaxed vibe.  The untucked sweater with the messenger bag and stacked bracelets takes what could have been a "cutesy" look into one that is quite professional and more my style.



Going from left to right....
1. Monki Graphic Tee: This graphic tee is definitely outside of my comfort zone (I usually shy away from anything with writing) but I love the idea of pairing it with a dressier pant and shoe. 
2. Alexander McQueen Tartan Pant: This pant has everything I am looking for in a professional pant.  It has a slim silhouette which can be dressed up or down (I can totally imagine this with a blouse and pumps or flats and a graphic tee), it has an exposed ankle  which is such a great proportion that shows just enough skin to keep the print from feeling dated.  
3. Marc Jacobs Watch:  This watch just screams "sporty" to me and as a former tomboy, I love jewelry that can toughen up a girly outfit.
4. Jimmy Choo Clutch:  Ok, ok.  This clutch is WAAAYY outside of my price range (I wouldn't pay 1,695 for any item of clothing) but I think it's a fun inspiration piece with the textured leather paired with the gold metallic accent.
5. Zara Nude Pumps: When creating an outfit around a pair of patterned trousers it can be difficult to toe the line between "boring" and "over the top".  In my experience, you can't go wrong with a pair of classic nude pumps which A. Elongate the line of your legs (so awesome) and B. Make you look thinner (also, YAY!).  I especially love this pair because of the asymmetrical lines which keep them interesting but don't overwhelm the rest of the outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment