Monday, March 17, 2014

Super Greens


On the heels of yesterday's post, I decided I had to show you the perfect way to incorporate falafel into a larger meal (even though eating them by themselves is totally recommended!).  I discovered super greens after eating at a local restaurant here in DC called Cava Mezze Grill ( it's a Mediterranean take on the beloved Chipotle -think sustainable/healthy food- and it is by far my favorite place to eat, ever). While my version isn't an exact copy, they come pretty close! Here is what you will need:

Super Greens:

6-8 brussel sprouts
4 cups fresh kale roughly chopped
1 cup shredded red cabbage

Falafel:

See previous post for ingredient/instructions

Lemon-Herb Tahini Dressing

1/4 cup tahini
1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 milk (to thin mixture)
2 tbs. fresh cilantro
2 tbs. fresh parsley
2 tbs. fresh lemon juice


Serve with a warm pita and enjoy!

Note: I also like to pickle red onions and use them as a garnish to the salad.  Look for a post on pickling for instructions!



No comments:

Post a Comment