Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



Let me just say, I have been baking non-stop for the past week (or at least, it feels that way).  In all seriousness, I love that I have had all of this extra time (Polar Vortex, I'm talking to you) but I don't think my waistline is thanking me for it.  Which brings us to today's sweet treat, Chocolate Chip Cookies!! And they are THE BEST! Which is why I'm not ashamed to admit that I've eaten 3 of them today (which is especially impressive when one realizes how big these things really are).  Anyway, I actually found this recipe via a student of mine! His mom is ALWAYS baking something delicious (major perk: I usually get a plate of extras) and as soon as I tried these, they became my absolute favorite cookie. They are slightly crispy on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside, so regardless of your personal preference (my husband and I prefer the gooey kind) this cookie will hit the spot!  Here is what you will need:

Ingredients:

For sugar mixture:
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 2 C brown sugar
  • 1 lb (two sticks) unsalted butter
Cream together until fluffy
  • Add 2 Tbs. vanilla
  • Add one at a time: 3 eggs
Flour Mixture:
  • 5 1/2 C flour
  • 1 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 1/2 t. baking soda
Blend well and add 4-6 C. chocolate chips (I like to use half dark and half milk chocolate chips from Ghiradelli )

Note: I used a cookie scooper to make my cookies uniform...but this is just a personal preference, so feel free to use your hands!

Bake at 350 until cookies appear almost done (I made mine rather large so they took about 14 min to fully cook). And enjoy!! Let me know if you try them out or have any questions in the comment section :)



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try these!!!! You are inspiring here!! Beautifully photographed as well.!!!

    ReplyDelete