Saturday, April 26, 2014

Vegan (flourless) Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie


For some reason I have had a serious craving for brownies this week. I knew I wanted something flourless (so they would be super dense and chocolatey) but I also wanted a healthy twist so that I could enjoy them guilt-free.  After compiling a ton of various recipes (thank you Pinterest), I decided to combine the elements I liked from each and make my own version.  Not only are these beauties vegan, but they are the perfect way to satisfy a chocolate craving. So go ahead, eat a couple... I know I will!


 Here is what you will need:
Ingredients
2 cups walnuts
2 cups dates (I used Medjool)
1/3 cup almonds (whole)
1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
3/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used ghiradelli)
2 TBS. honey

Directions

In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until they form a flour-like consistency.  Then, add in the almonds and pulse about 4-5 times (or until they are in chunky pieces).  Next, add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined.  Pour the mixture into an 8X8 baking dish (lined with parchment paper for easy removal) spread evenly and press down with a spoon.  Place the plan in the fridge for at least an hour.  

Once solidified, top with peanut butter (I combined mine with a few TBS of hot water to get a runny consistency) and melted chocolate (I melted mine in the microwave using 20 second intervals. Make sure to watch carefully and stir in between.  Once all the pieces are almost melted, remove and stir until the mixture reaches silky smooth consistency)















No comments:

Post a Comment