Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pasta with a Heirloom Tomatoes and Lemon Basil Sauce


Let me start by saying, I am not a huge pasta fan.  I know, I know....I'm crazy. To be honest, I'm not even sure when this, let's call it "ambivalence", began (I was a HUGE pasta eater as a child). In the two years Stephen and I have been married, I think I've made pasta a grand total of 3 times? Unfortunately, (fortunately?) Stephen IS a pasta lover, and so a few months ago I broke down and decided to try out a simple lemon pasta recipe.  It sounded easy and really light (huge lemon fan, right here) and so I gave it a go.  It. Was. Amazing.  Stephen has now requested that pasta on an, almost, weekly basis, a winner for sure (also, it takes all of 10 minutes. Seriously).  And, it is just as good cold the next day for lunch (which is equally as important).  Here is what you will need:

Serving size: 2 

Ingredients:

About two fist-fulls of pasta (that is not a standard measurement, but lets just go with it)
About a cup of loosely packed basil
1 cup almond milk
The zest and juice of one lemon
About 2-3 small heirloom tomatoes

Directions:

Boil the pasta as per instructions (making sure to season the water with salt).  Then, in a food processor, blend the basil, almond milk, lemon juice and zest, and salt and pepper to taste. 

Once the pasta is done, simply dish into a bowl and cover with the sauce.  Then add in your tomatoes and you're finished! How easy was that?





No comments:

Post a Comment